a. ORDINARY MAINTENANCE
Cast resin transformers don’t require a specific maintenance, anyway in order to ensure a longer life we recommend to monitor its functioning and properties.
We recommend to perform the following actions at least once per year:
- Visual inspection of the various components and their status;
- Cleaning of HV and LV windings and cooling ducts from dust with compressed air jets and dry cloths;
- Dry the eventual condensation created nearby the transformer;
- Check of proper HV and LV connections tightening in accordance with Tab.5 and Tab.6;
- Check the correct functioning of thermal protection;
- Check that the room is adequately ventilated.
All the operations above mentioned must be performed with the transformer disconnected and secured.After performing maintenance and before re-energizing the transformer, it is recommended to perform the checks shown in Tab.7.
b. EXTRAORDINARY MAINTENANCE
If the transformer is subject to a discontinues operation and has long off load times all the operations described on point “4. COMMISSIONING” have to be performed again before first energization.